Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ten Years Ago Today....

Yeah, I don't think this is really the sort of anniversary one celebrates, but I couldn't help remembering that day....  OUCH.

Getting ready for a garage sale, I wanted to ask my darling hubby if it was OK if I sold one of the old pictures he brought to Washington from Hawaii....  I was trying so hard not to break the picture as I fell.......

Oh yes.....I did!  I DID save the picture.

Not such a great result for my leg.


Still, ten years later not totally healed....  but so incredibly grateful that I've been on my feet for ten more years.



Thank you Jesus.

If you're so inclined you can read my story here.




And, today's a big day for my sweet hubby.  He'll be baptized in water tonite at our church.  He was baptized as a child...  this time he made the decision to live for Jesus himself.  I can't wait.  I am so happy.




And, as we celebrate Memorial Day, I'll be grateful for my ability to walk, but so VERY grateful to those who fought for our country.  You are heroes.  God bless each and every one of you.  And to your families who have done it all in your absence.....my heart goes out to you........you are heroes as well.


Have a safe weekend my dear friends.




Huggies and Lovies too.....


Spence




8 comments:

  1. Blessings and hugs to your hubby on his chosen journey of new life in Jesus! I remember when I was baptized by my choice... life changing.

    I'm so happy your leg is mended to the point you can walk! God is good and faithful through all things! What a story you have.

    Hugs & blessings to you and yours, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beautiful lady, walk like a princess. That is one smart break, ouch!

    Congrats Chet-ster on your baptism today. Enjoy your walk forward in His grace.

    Love to you both ~
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the hubby and we all have such blessings to be thankful for. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grand thing to be able to witness as your husband gets baptized. Such a wonderful thing for him to want to do and a great choice he has made in his heart! Blessing to you this weekend. 10 years of struggle can make you bitter or stronger. Glad you are stronger! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to dear hubby , and I want to say that I did go back and read your story that you wrote in 2009, and thank you, I'm so glad I read it. I have been feeling very down about some health issues I'm having, and reading your story and all you've gone through , and are still able to be optimistic, happy and such a fighter - you have given me inspiration and the realization to be grateful for what we do have, and for being here on this beautiful green earth....Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling girl, I cringed when I saw that broken bone, but I give thanks that you are walking, too. And praise his name about your beloved's decicision.

    Am so delighted for you and love you very, very much.

    Thanks for sharing your praise report. I know that you (and Jesus) are doing the happy dance, and I am joining you!

    xoxoxo,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom looks like a real sweetie!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer